New or Replacement Roofing in Cardiff and Surrounding Areas
It is not always that an existing roof can be repaired and the life can be prolonged. If the construction quality of the roof is excellent, it can last for over 50 years. However, if there are different valleys formed and ridge tiles have cracked, or the tiles or slates have slipped or have leaks in them, it is about time that you will have to entirely refurbish your roof rather than repairing it.
Listed below are the steps that have to be followed so that you do not get trapped in the scam:
- Carry out some research. Make sure that you do an in-depth analysis of the company from where you are asking for a quote and also make sure that they are experienced enough.
- Ask them to carry out an assessment of your roof before handing over a work estimate or price quote.
- Finally, decide on the company you want to choose. As there are several people who would want to dupe you, make sure that you choose a genuine and reliable company.
As we are highly reliable and have a proven track record, we have excellent ratings on Checkatrade, Trusttrader and mybuilder.com. We raise an invoice and receive payments only when the work is complete. You can also check with our previous clients if you want to verify it yourself.
Steps involved in Roof Renewal
Listed below are the steps that are carried out in creation of a new roof:
- Starts with scaffolding to the level of eaves. It is carried out by a highly professional company which has been in business since one decade nearly. However, if you wish to get it done from any other scaffolding company, you will be at your free will to do so.
- Removal of the existing ridge riles and hip tiles including the mortars from verges and ridges. If you wish to use the tiles again on your new roof, you can use it. Else, you can either sell or dispose it.
- The existing wooden battens are removed and it is disposed of in a skip to be recycled.
- The existing wooden rafters and joists are checked upon inspection. The rotten ones are replaced and all the protruding nails are hammered or removed.
- The breathable membrane is added.
- The pressure treated batten is added by ensuring that the spacing is correct.
- To provision for the bathroom extractor fan, roof ventilators are added.
- For placing the lead or GRP, new valleys, or joins between the roofs are created.
- The ridged tiles are bed down using waterproof mortar and dry ridge system.
- The scaffolding is to be removed to make it clean.
- The skip is then removed.
Call or Email Us Today
Want to replace your old roof?